A. What are the greatest lasting memories of the past year?
- Crazy trips to Bukidnon and Ozamis
Hmm.. I call these crazy trips. Crazy. Fun. Memorable. Definitely lasting memories…
This is number one on the list tlaga (Bawal mag react ang friends..hehe). Well, it’s funny how so many things could happen in a year. Exactly one year lng jd ang iyang entry and exit… Sometimes in life you have to take risks and just enjoy the moments.
- Japan trip
First time to go overseas + Japan + all expense paid + new acquaintances = totally awesome experience!
- Singles for Christ
July 26, 2009. From the CLP, Regional Conference, International Conference, retreats, households, dance sessions, and fellowships… the Singles for Christ GenSan community has changed my life for the better. I’m glad I’ve these people in my life.
- Marielle Jenaycah
At first when I learned that my brother got his girlfriend pregnant, I was really devastated. But when I’ve accepted it, and especially when I saw my niece, everything changed. My life takes a halt when I’m with her.
- Preparations for Libya: documents + Manila trip
Libya opportunity got me confused for a while. Underwent a lot of stress and crises along the way yet the plans never materialized. But I’m still happy for the experiences.
B. What did I learn this year?
- I learned to overcome my fears and to be better in relationships. I learned to take more action so I can achieve my goals. I learned that you don’t have to fear being hurt and losing. I learned that I won’t be happy in Libya. I learned that sometimes, you just have to take a shot at happiness. I learned that “Hindi lahat ng tama, dapat. At hindi lahat ng dapat, tama.” I also learned that you really just have to live life in order to enjoy it. You can’t play safe all the time. This year I was more fearless, bolder, and happier.
C. What were my biggest challenges or obstacles?
- Matters of the heart. Staying or letting go.
- Career decisions. Still, staying or leaving.
- Accepting that my dreams for my brother will no longer come true.
D. Who are the most interesting people I’ve met?
- Charie and Baby Nycah
- Jetro and Jessa
- Melanie and Marich
E. How have they changed my life?
- They changed my life in so many ways.
- Charie and Nycah – new people to love and care for
- Jetro and Jessa – taught me a lot of things about love, life and everything in between
- Melanie and Marich – learned a lot from them too
F. How I am different now than I was at the start of the year?
- It’s amazing how a year passes by so swiftly. So many things have happened – both good and bad, best and worst. There were hellos and farewells. But this year is probably the year that I’ve gained the most friends and new people to love and care for. They have inspired me, saddened me, confused me, hurt me, and me happy.
- My 26th year is a year of relationships…and that is what I’m most thankful for.
Questions were taken from Sacha’s post on the top 13 questions to ask yourself.