“If you don’t have discipline, you don’ deserve to dream”
I have just read Mr. Butch Jimenez’s commencement address to the graduating class of UP entitled “Descending to the Top”. It was very inspiring.
Mr. Jimenez talked about
- How to reach the top (Be the first in the mind and burn an attitude in the mind)
- Execution (There is no try. There is either do or not do.)
- Descending to the Top (As you rise to the top, the more you have to be a servant.)
- A heart for our country – Philippines (Show ’em we’re great & give back to the country.)
- Walk with GOD (There is no destination beyond the reach of those who walk w/ HIM.)
I have realized that for me to be able to reach the top, I have to serve and be humble, always giving more than I am expected of – working more than I am paid for.
Also, I need to be serious with implementing discipline on myself like:
- delaying gratification
- setting aside my savings before spending
- getting the job done ON TIME
- keeping a tidy place