It’s been a week since I’ve worked at ODesk. I find it really cool and amazing! I learned about ODesk from Sacha Chua. I got interested so I created a profile at ODesk and took the tests. Luckily, I got a perfect score on the ODesk Readiness Test and managed to pass the other tests (HTML 4.01, English, Unix Shell Scripting). Yehey!!! *clap* 😀
With much confidence, I applied to 3 jobs: a Wedding Blog, Health and Fitness Blog, and Assistanceship in Writing a Training Manual.
Guess what? I was rejected for the first job because someone was already hired. BUT I got interviewed by an employer and he told me that the job I’m applying for is already filled but he wanted me to apply to another job that he posted. However, he required me to create a hub at HubPages and a lens in Squidoo, which I know I wouldn’t be able to do at that time because I wasn’t familiar with both platforms and I am busy preparing for my summer lessons. But the buyer said he read my blogs and he’s impressed with my writing. Awww…. I felt happy that he wanted to hire me for his other projects in the future. Happy! 😀
Luck struck again when I was interviewed for the Training Manual job. I was hired right after the interview and I was more than excited to start! 🙂
Some of the things I learned or re-learned are the following:
1. Using Skype for voice communications – And discovering that there are times when you hear the other person so clearly and he can’t hear any word from you AT ALL!
2. Using TeamViewer – I was amazed! And I’m already a techie! Imagine that.
3. Installed MS Office 2007 (with reluctance) because my boss required me to. We needed to have a common tool for the manual. Sorry, OpenOffice.org Writer….
4. Google Talk is clearer and better than Skype – in my case. Because I can hear my boss at the other line.
5. oDesk tools are fantastic! Wow!
Hmm… I can’t wait to receive my ODesk Debit MasterCard! Yipee! 🙂