Last Friday, I let my OS class watch the video of Pirates of Silicon Valley. Here are some reasons why I think it’s important for them to see the movie:
1. To know the history of desktop operating systems and desktops in general.
2. Get to know Bill Gates and Steve Jobs
3. Be inspired by their passion, struggles, failures and success
4. Know the history of 2 of the world’s leading computer giants: Apple and Microsoft
5. Change of teaching strategy… =)
I have asked my OS students to write a blog about their reaction, learnings, insights about the movie.
(Instructions to the students: Please let me read your post about Pirates of Silicon Valley by commenting on this post, writing your name and link your name to your post. Thanks.)
Example: Use the anchor tag… #a href=”http://mylenesereno.blogspot.com/2009/06/pirates-of-silicon-valley-os-class.html”#Mylene Sereno#/a#
NOTE: Please replace the number sign (#) with angle brackets. I substituted it with # to show the code.