If you’ve read my last post, you’ll remember that I talked about my friends’ heartaches. But then, just after 3 days, it was time – for me – to experience it too.
Again, I was not prepared (although I was already expecting it). I was caught off-guard. Lesson Number 1: No matter how much you anticipate a heartbreak, it will still hurt.
I can still remember the time when I told myself that I was willing to take the risk, and if I’ll get hurt, I’ll be OK. What matters is that I’ve experienced happiness with that person for some time. After all, life is about taking risks and learning. As the cliche goes, “It’s better to have loved and lost, than not having loved at all.”
It’s only been barely six months since I’ve experienced my second major heartbreak but here I am now, dealing with another one. Lesson Number 2: Don’t jump into another relationship right after a breakup (esp. when you’re in it primarily to forget about the last guy who’s hurt you). It’s like an anaesthesia that leaves you hurting more when it has lost its effectivity.
Anyway, I know I’ll get over this, just like the previous one. Here are my baby steps to healing:
1. Accept what happened – and the fact that he’ll be out of your life – sooner than expected.
2. Don’t be afraid to feel the pain. I am the kind of person who’s so afraid of getting hurt that when I do get hurt, I look for immediate ways to relieve myself of the pain. I panic.
3. Be patient with yourself. Because I panic when I get hurt, I just want to take a shortcut to healing. If only there was a pill I could take to take away the pain, I’d pay dearly for it. Well, because there’s no pill available, I go to my friends for comfort, hoping that I could find relief in their presence, kind words and listening ears.
4. Believe that you’ll get over it. Know that you’re not stuck in these emotions forever! Tomorrow is another day! 🙂
5. Back to Number 1 until you forget the reason why you’re havin these baby steps. Haha…
Good luck to me!