At last, now I can get started with my PHP Project. Whew!
Thank goodness for Free and Open Source Softwares like HeidiSQL, which helped me build the SRMIS database on my machine from the database dump that Sir Jap gave me.
However, there was an error (which I thought was due to the large size of the dump) generated when I imported the sql file: Got packet bigger than max_allowed_packet bytes. Sir Japhet told me to edit the MySQL .ini file. When I googled how I could fix the problem, I found out that the error was due to the setting in MySQL that defines the maximum size of any data packet that can be written to a single field in the mysql database. Luckily, I found a link on how to increase the allowed packet size. :)