One of the things I’m most grateful for the past year is that I had the chance to explore my beloved hometown. Here are some of the places you have to visit in Surigao del Sur (specifically Bislig and Hinatuan):
1. Highlands (located near the Catholic church). It not only boasts of good food and a beautiful view of the city but it also has a mini playground for the kids. Children (and adults) can enjoy using the baby-zipline for only 5 pesos. =)
2. Ocean View Park. From the name itself, this place gives you a breathtaking view of the ocean. They also sell good food at a very low price. It has a function hall (and a pool) that is best for events such as weddings, baptisms, birthdays and company parties. Aside from that, they also have a Doll house (my personal favorite!!!) – a beautiful collection of dolls from all over the world.
3. Boulevard(Chocolate Beach) – It’s best to come here at night, where you could enjoy grilled food and beer at its best – by the bay. Chill in the cool breeze with your friends at the boulevard. =)
4. Sheilah’s Inland Resort. This resort boasts of three pools and comfortable rooms for tourists. Adults and kids alike can enjoy the pools of different sizes. This is really a great swimming spot for all. =)
6. Enchanted River (Hinatuan). You’d really be enchanted by its cool, clear blue waters. Take a dip and enjoy swimming (can’t swim?Get a life vest!) with the fishes. You’d also be amazed if you’ll see the colorful fishes during fish feeding time (12 noon). If you’re already here, you should also take a side trip by taking a boat ride for a very reasonable price. Your tour guides will take you to a sanctuary where you can see pawikans (sea turtles) and different kinds of fish.
7. Hagonoy Island. Ever since I was a kid, I’ve always loved this island. I have celebrated my birthday on this island countless times with my family and friends and we always had an awesome time. If you’re from Bislig, it’s about a 45-minute to 1 hour ride by motorboat. But I and my family usually go there from Caguyao (only about 15minutes!).
These are just 7 places that will make your summer at my hometown a vacation to remember! Enjoy! =)