A. What are the greatest lasting memories of the past year?
– Can I just say there’s too many to mention? =) Seriously though, there were A LOT:
- series of despididas from MSU-GSC, SFC and GenSan friends
- moving to Davao (and USEP)
- processing of papers for Qatar
- Samal and Ozamis/Iligan escapades
- resting (a.k.a unemployed) stage:part1 at Mangagoy
- joining and leaving Active Rail Technology Solutions
- Tatay Primo passed away and instant reunion with Estandarte/Espinosa family
- moving to Manila and joining Accenture
B. What did I learn this year?
– I learned that Steve Jobs was right when he said that you should “Find what you love”
Life is too short to spend on regrets. I was already happy in my teaching job at MSU but somehow, I felt that I needed to be with my family more. When I was in Davao, I was physically “near” my family but I didn’t have the time to spend with them. I worked and worked and worked. I felt physically, emotionally, and financially drained. I then felt that I needed to earn more money for myself and my family, and try my luck in Qatar and to get away from *. I left my job at USEP, spent quality time with the people I love, and waited. But due to some unforeseen events (and God’s will), I was unable to leave. I joined Active Rail and had a totally awesome time working with friends. The job was so different from teaching, something really new to me but it was something I really enjoyed doing. Something that helped me… find myself or rather, find what I really loved to do. It gave me direction and a totally new purpose.
C. What were my biggest challenges or obstacles?
– ***** has been my biggest challenge for almost 2 years. But I’m glad that I have learned to let go.
D. Who are the most interesting people I’ve met?
– some USEP students who inspired me
– Tito Pros
– a lady I’ve met at the Davao airport last Feb who “pushed” me to go after my dreams
– (re-met? hehe..) Ate Dulce, James, and Ate Joie of A.R.T.S.
E. How have they changed my life?
– I am now in Manila and will be working at Accenture
F. How am I different now than I was at the start of the year?
– Very different. I was so lost and confused at the start of the year. Not really knowing where to go and what to do with my life (and has been since I finished my Master’s degree. I just didn’t know what to do next). Until now, I am still learning to discover myself and the world around me. But I am less afraid and more happy. =) Life is really short, and I am glad that God gave me another year – to find my purpose, to love, to serve, to touch a life, to make a connection, to forgive, to be forgiven, to share, to create, to do, to explore, to experience, to be happy… to just be whatever and whoever I want to be. And most importantly, to be a better Me!