What a beautiful and meaningful way to spend Holy Thursday: 14 Stations of the Cross
1. The Garden: Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane
Act: We had to look at ourselves in the mirror and think about the one fear that tends to take a hold of us, or the one thing that is a recurring source of anxiety, or something that we are facing at the moment.
2: The Betrayal: Jesus is Betrayed by Judas
Act: Pick a red cloth (symbolizing sin) and take it with you to the succeeding stations.
Act: Pick a red cloth (symbolizes sin) and take it with you.
3: The Trial: Jesus Before the Sanhedrin
Sample Ballot: Choose the characteristics you want to have – and characteristics you want your leaders to possess
Characteristics I want to have: 1. Courage 2. Authority 3. Integrity 4. Generosity
Characteristics I want my Leaders to Possess: 1. Integrity 2. Authority 3. Generosity 4. Courage
This coming elections, I hope people will vote WISELY.
4. The Verdict: Jesus is Judged by Pilate
4 Act: Sponsor a Child
Donating for the Children’s Future
5. The Whip: Jesus is Scourged
Feeling Jesus’s wounds
6. The Curse: Jesus is Crowned with Thorns
Let’s take care of our environment. Commit to plant more trees
7. The Cross: Jesus Carries His Cross
Taking Up My Cross
Experiencing the Cross
8. The Two Simons: Simon Peter (who denied Jesus) and Simon of Cyrene (the foreigner who helped Jesus carry his cross)
Act: Read someone else’s prayer and write your prayer on paper.
I was really touched when I read this prayer – it was probably written by someone very young. Such an unselfish act – praying for the beggars. 🙂
9. The Crucifixion: Jesus is Crucified
Nailing Sin on the Cross
People’s Sins Have made the Cross Heavier
10. The Mother: Jesus Entrusts His Mother to John
11. The Promise: Jesus Promises Paradise to the Repentant Thief
12. The Darkness: Jesus Dies
Act: We entered the dark tent to commemorate the darkness that fell on the Earth when Jesus died.
13. The Cloth: Jesus Rises
Agaw Eksena ang very cute but very huge dog!
Special Thanks to James for accompanying me at Bonifacio High Street and being my model for this post. 🙂