I’m frustrated with the speed of my Globe Tattoo stick here at GA Tower. I think it’s really time to be generous to myself and get at DSL/Wimax connection. I have been trying to convince myself that it’s TIME to get a Wifi connection, but of course, there are a lot of factors that I should consider:
1. How long will I be staying at my place? Since the lock-in period would be at least 2 yrs.
– So far, I don’t have any plans of moving out or going anywhere – not until 2015.
2. How much time would I stay at home? This is an important factor to consider in deciding between a pocket wifi or dsl
– With an upcoming project, I’d probably be at home by 9pm during weekdays and leave at 8am in the morning. That’s 11 hours minus 8 hours of sleep, so I’ll have 3 hours of surfing time during weekdays. I’ll also have about 10 hours during weekends.
3. How much would it be?
– Since my housemates and I agreed to divide the cost amongst ourselves – and there’ll be 4 of us – 1099/4 = 275. Since I’ll have 3 (hrs per wkday) * 22 + 10 (hrs during wkends) * 4 = 106 hrs per month. That’s about 2.5 pesos per hour every month! Hmmm… not bad! 🙂
1. I also really need to have more access to the Internet because we finally have DSL connection at home (Mangagoy, Bislig, Surigao del Sur) and I’d want to get in touch more with my loved ones at home.
2. I can blog MORE! Yey!!! I’ve been wanting to blog regularly but oftentimes I don’t have Internet connection when I’m inspired to write – it’s not really a big problem because I can always write online, but it’s nice when you can just publish anytime. Plus, I’d like to have more images in my posts – which is sooo darn difficult and annoying when you have a super slow connection. Upload speeds could really wear you down and stress you out!3. There’s just a loooooot of benefits in having a faster Internet connection. DUH. :p
Cheers to a faster Internet next week! I’m so excited 🙂