I’ve been thinking about how I’ve been spending my time so I tracked my daily activities for the past week. Everybody gets 24 hours a day but it’s how we use those hours that give meaning to our lives.
For the past week, here’s how I’ve spent my life:
By tracking my time, I realized that I needed to plan how I should spend my Saturdays to avoid “just going with the flow” and waste a lot of personal time.
Action Items to Improve How I Use My Time:
1. Plan Saturdays and Sundays – If there are no seminars/workshops/trainings to attend to, I should deliberately plan for family get togethers/outings with friends/housemates and connect with family and loved ones. Make use of my free time to build relationships
2. Make use of commute time – Reading books is hard when commuting because it hurts my eyes. Good thing I have A LOT of good audio books to listen to while commuting. This is really one good way of using commute time.
3. Lessen the time that I stay in bed – Aww..😦
4. Increase time for exercise
1. 8:00 am – wake up. Upon waking up, I say a short prayer of thanks and then turns on the Wifi on my phone to check on latest updates (FB notifications, emails, etc.) or respond to text messages. I’d stretch on my bed and get a few more minutes of sleep before I finally decide to get up and start preparing for work.
2. 8:30 – 8:45am (.75 hr)- get up. Yes, it usually took me 30 to 45 minutes before I finally get up from bed. It’s actually because I had late night calls at work and had to stay in the office until 9pm so I was trying to get more sleep.
3. 8:45 – 9:45am (1 hr)- get ready for work. Taking a bath, deciding what to wear, preparing bfast/lunch/snacks.
4. 9:45 – 10:30 or 10:45am (1 hr) – commute to work. While commuting I usually visualize what I’ll be doing at the office once I get there. This mind exercise is really effective for me.
5. 10:45 – 8:45 (10 hrs) – Work (Due to confidentiality, I won’t be able to put into detail the work that I do for the company I work for).
9:00 – 10pm (1 hr) – commute back home.
10:00 – 12mn (2 hrs) – eat, FB/Instagram/watch TV/Mindless surfing and watching to relax my mind and unwind.
12mn – 8am (8 hrs) – sleep.
12mn – 9am (9 hrs) – sleep
9:00 am – 9:30am (.5 hr) – wake up/stay in bed
9:30 am – 12:00 (2.5 hrs) – download/listening to audio books, clean room, read books, blog, call/text loved ones
12:nn – 12:00mn (12 hrs) – FREE time: watch TV/movie, surfing the net, shopping, entertainment activities.
8:00 am – 8:30 am (.5 hr) – wake up/stay in bed
8:30 am – 9:00 am (.5 hr) – get ready for The Feast
9:00 am – 9:30 am (.5 hr) – commute to Robinsons Galleria(The Feast Ortigas venue)
9:30am – 10:15am (.75 hr) – Usher people to The Feast (Warmth Ministry)
10:15am – 12:30pm (2.25 hrs) – The Feast
12:30pm – 1:30pm (1hr) – lunch, window shopping
1:30pm – 2:30pm (1hr) – gym
2:30 – 4:30pm (2 hrs) – grocery and shopping
4:30 – 6:30pm (2 hrs) – surfing, blogging, planning, watching Youtube videos, reading books
6:30 – 8:30pm (2 hrs) – prepare for workweek, prepare laundry for pickup, arrange clothes, plan work clothes for the week8:30 – 12mn (3.5 hrs) – watch TV, surfing
12mn – 8am (8 hrs) – sleep
How about you? How do you live your life? How do you use your time?