Last night I went to bed at 10:30pm. I fell asleep almost immediately when I hit the bed but baby woke up around 1:15am. Tried to go back to sleep but wasn’t able to. Called husband who was downstairs watching TV and trying to unwind after his work at the restaurant. He tried to help me fall back to sleep through coaching and giving me a back rub but it didn’t work. He offered to give me one of his sleeping pills and said I wouldn’t be breastfeeding anyway so it should be fine. But I didn’t want to take it because baby really wants to breastfeed and I’m afraid I might not be able to wake up when she needs me.
Husband was also having nightmares, he was kicking and punching, which made it worse. I decided to move to baby’s bedroom and try to sleep there. I was very comfortable and all was set for me to fall asleep but I still couldn’t. By 5am I gave up and just thought about the things to do the next day. 😦
1. Baby woke up
2. Husband not in bed
3. Thoughts on my friends who are having a fight
4. Tasks I needed to do for work
Can you suggest how you are able to go back to sleep after waking up to take care of your baby?
1. I want to be a more loving wife. Sometimes when I’m very tired, I get upset and I take it out on my husband. 😦 I need to keep in mind that aside from being a mother and a career woman, I am also a wife and I want to be good at being a wife too.
2. I want to learn how to be a great mom to Myka, and that includes knowing how to give tough love because I don’t want her to be spoiled rotten. And I could be a pushover so I don’t want her to learn to manipulate me.
3. I want to take care of my body, my soul, my well-being. I haven’t been taking care of myself. I have gained weight, I haven’t been feeding my soul, and I feel like I don’t have a social life anymore. That needs to change. How should I start fixing it? Start planning meals, work out, and do this nightly reflections.
4. I want to continue to be awesome at doing my job. It’s been very, very hard to even make 8 hours every day. What with taking care of Myka and driving to and from work plus taking care of a house.
5. I want to keep my connections with my family and friends
I had a very restful night because my baby slept from 9pm to 12mn (I slept from 10:30 to 4am. Yay!) and D arrived and put her back to sleep. So I just went back to sleep until 4am when she woke up again. I was able to go back to sleep from 5am to 7am when MJ barked because the baby sitter arrived. I forgot to tell her that I took the day off to “relax” on my birthday.
I was delighted to see my husband’s little surprise for me downstairs.
I did the laundry, took care of Myka in the morning and had a chat with Bernie, who brought me a pot of beautiful yellow tulips.
D took me to the semi-empty parking lot at Cabela’s to let me drive the truck. It was very different from driving the car.
After that we went to Chili’s to have a very early dinner and some alone time. We often joke that we’re very old people, eating dinner at 4pm! 😀
I still haven’t responded to messages on Facebook, I just couldn’t find time. But it’s ok, I’m sure people will understand.
I wanted to do my yearly reflections and vision board but I am too busy today. Maybe I can do it for 15 minutes a day. One of the things I want to do regularly from now on is to do a max of 30-min blog/reflection.
Sleep – 8! 🙂
Baby – ~7
D – ~3
Laundry – 2
Friend – ~2
Goals for this week: