She is such a big girl now!
- Feeds herself
- “Sings” along nursery rhymes
- Loves watching ABC Kids TV songs in YouTube
- Sleeps an average of 10 hours uninterrupted
- Separation enxiety but stops crying after a minute
- Plays with strangers, she is more friendly
- Uses and operates her tablet. I don’t like her playing on it for a long time though
- She doesn’t like sharing her toys with other kids. We want to expose her to other kids and learn to socialize
I’d like to start the day with a grateful heart. Thankful for the 6 hours of sleep, for the comfort of being at home, for a chance to start a brand new day, for a chance to be with my husband and daughter – to serve and love them, to contribute to my project at work, to improve the way I do things.
I am thankful for this life, that I am able to use my talents and abilities to help my loved ones and to better our lives.
We landed at LAX yesterday around 10 am. After checking that it will take Uber 1 hour to get to our Airbnb, we took a taxi and after 30 mins, we were at the “Abbey Apartments building”. We were all tired from the early trip and looked forward to relaxing in our Airbnb home for 3 days.
Myka fell asleep in the taxi. She did so well in her first flight.
We went to the lobby of the building and introduced ourselves to the guard. Bryan, our host, already informed us beforehand that since we’re arriving on a Sunday, he won’t be able to greet us and left the key with the guard. It took a while for the guard to figure out where the unit was – not sure if it’s because he was new or because the unit itself was new.
The guard finally escorted us out of the building and to our unit, which was actually at the side of the building. It had its own entrance, which I thought was cool.
Everything in the unit was new, we were the first guests!
Myka and D liked it too!
What I liked most about it is that it is close to almost every place I wanted to go to – the Philippine consulate of course, and then Hollywood and downtown LA. The host, Bryan, was also very responsive. He forgot to install the shower head before we arrived and when I informed him, minutes later, he was at the unit with the shower head. 🙂
She has 2 lower and upper teeth now. She can sit up on her own and can stand for a long time with support. However, she refuses to crawl.
She mumbles and seems to respond to conversations.
She loves to pick food with her hands and shove them into her mouth. She can now move her food from one hand to another so she can eat the remaining food that she clasps in her tiny hand.
She has separation anxiety with me whenever I leave or whenever her dad takes her away from me so I could work.
She can’t quite say Daddy or Mommy yet but she mumbles the word dada.
Last night I went to bed at 10:30pm. I fell asleep almost immediately when I hit the bed but baby woke up around 1:15am. Tried to go back to sleep but wasn’t able to. Called husband who was downstairs watching TV and trying to unwind after his work at the restaurant. He tried to help me fall back to sleep through coaching and giving me a back rub but it didn’t work. He offered to give me one of his sleeping pills and said I wouldn’t be breastfeeding anyway so it should be fine. But I didn’t want to take it because baby really wants to breastfeed and I’m afraid I might not be able to wake up when she needs me.
Husband was also having nightmares, he was kicking and punching, which made it worse. I decided to move to baby’s bedroom and try to sleep there. I was very comfortable and all was set for me to fall asleep but I still couldn’t. By 5am I gave up and just thought about the things to do the next day. 😦
1. Baby woke up
2. Husband not in bed
3. Thoughts on my friends who are having a fight
4. Tasks I needed to do for work
Can you suggest how you are able to go back to sleep after waking up to take care of your baby?
1. I want to be a more loving wife. Sometimes when I’m very tired, I get upset and I take it out on my husband. 😦 I need to keep in mind that aside from being a mother and a career woman, I am also a wife and I want to be good at being a wife too.
2. I want to learn how to be a great mom to Myka, and that includes knowing how to give tough love because I don’t want her to be spoiled rotten. And I could be a pushover so I don’t want her to learn to manipulate me.
3. I want to take care of my body, my soul, my well-being. I haven’t been taking care of myself. I have gained weight, I haven’t been feeding my soul, and I feel like I don’t have a social life anymore. That needs to change. How should I start fixing it? Start planning meals, work out, and do this nightly reflections.
4. I want to continue to be awesome at doing my job. It’s been very, very hard to even make 8 hours every day. What with taking care of Myka and driving to and from work plus taking care of a house.
5. I want to keep my connections with my family and friends
I had a very restful night because my baby slept from 9pm to 12mn (I slept from 10:30 to 4am. Yay!) and D arrived and put her back to sleep. So I just went back to sleep until 4am when she woke up again. I was able to go back to sleep from 5am to 7am when MJ barked because the baby sitter arrived. I forgot to tell her that I took the day off to “relax” on my birthday.
I was delighted to see my husband’s little surprise for me downstairs.
I did the laundry, took care of Myka in the morning and had a chat with Bernie, who brought me a pot of beautiful yellow tulips.
D took me to the semi-empty parking lot at Cabela’s to let me drive the truck. It was very different from driving the car.
After that we went to Chili’s to have a very early dinner and some alone time. We often joke that we’re very old people, eating dinner at 4pm! 😀
I still haven’t responded to messages on Facebook, I just couldn’t find time. But it’s ok, I’m sure people will understand.
I wanted to do my yearly reflections and vision board but I am too busy today. Maybe I can do it for 15 minutes a day. One of the things I want to do regularly from now on is to do a max of 30-min blog/reflection.
Sleep – 8! 🙂
Baby – ~7
D – ~3
Laundry – 2
Friend – ~2
Goals for this week:
I’m going back to work next Tuesday, Jan 24 and I’m really anxious about it. For one, I need to pass my driver’s test on Monday. Then I need to prepare everything for Myka and my mom before I leave the house.
It’s also quite busy in my project because we are nearing our delivery date so everyone is expected to do overtime. Plus I got promoted so I will be in my new role. It’s exciting but at the same time, I feel so pressured and a bit scared that I might not meet expectations.
I am also thinking about my mom’s travel back home. I feel sad that she didn’t get to do much during her vacation. We mostly spent time inside the house. I feel like we should have done more and went out more. It’s just really hard with Myka because she would cry in the car.
I know I just need to take this one day at a time. I can do this.
I came across an article on Hotel 101 – a condotel concept that is very similar to what I want to do with my condo. I wish I bought a unit here instead of Avida Centerra.
I’m still engrossed with my research on my condotel business venture. Based on my computations, I will get even only after 15 years (assuming that I only get 10 nights of occupancy in a month) – that is, if I don’t raise the monthly rent. Fifteen years is an incredibly long time for me to recover my costs.