Based on my WordPress blog history, i am most active with planning and reflecting during the month of March. I think this is because of my upcoming birthday.
So i thought of taking as advantage of this and start my monthly checkpoints.
I modified the checkpoint from http://meaningring.com/2016/08/23/monthly-checkpoint-by-todd-henry/.
Challenges: What are the biggest challenges you faced this month?
Top 3: What are your Top 3 areas of focus for the month?
- Defect management
- Responding to issues with interfaces
- Dealing with difficult people in the team
How would you rate yourself in terms of relationships this month?
As a wife: Poor. Need to plan more solo time with my husband. Maybe look for a nanny who can watch her for 2 hours to have a date with husband for at least a few hours. Watch a movie or something.
As a mother: Very Good. I think I havr spent more than enough time with my daughter, I give her baths and put her to sleep.
As a daughter: Bad. Haven’t spoken to parents for 2 months. They are just not reachable. 😦
As a sister: Good. Talked to my borthers and sister.
As an aunt: Good.
As a friend: Poor. Don’t really know if I have someone I could consider a friend here in Texas. I mean I have a few acquaintances, work friends… but not really someone I could share my innermost thoughts and feelings with. Well, aside from my husband, of course. Just miss having a close girl friend I can pour my heart into.
Whole-Life Planning: For now, the life plan is just to stay afloat and enjoy life more. The past years I have been busy with so many milestones. I feel like now is the time to enjoy those milestones and to stay on top of them.
Pruning: Need to learn to automate and delegate.
Purposeful Experience: What kinds of experiences would you like to schedule into the upcoming month? More outdoor activities with family. Golf, swimming, picnic.
What experiences would help you enjoy life more? 1 week vacation every quarter. Need to see the ocean and smell the sea.
Time Logger chart:
- How do you feel about the work you’re doing right now? I think Im doing great work. I often get praisies and good reviews from my leads.
- Do you feel like you’re doing your best work? Yup.
- What are areas for improvement?Mentoring, automation
- What do you perceive to be lacking in your work right now? Pretty content. Maybe to work from home more. Learn more about web services.
- What do you perceive to be lacking in your life right now? Time with husband, relationship with parents and friends
- What can you do about it? I can be more deliberate with how I choose to spend my time.