I love having quiet times for reflections. Especially on New Year’s Eve and birthdays. So here goes my Q&A with myself. Questions were taken from Buzzfeed.com.
1. What did you do this year that you’re proud of? Learning to drive, volunteering to speak for 30 mins in a training as a guest speaker
2. Who did you meet this year that inspired you? A team lead from another project who is a really good and effective leader. And Karen, the Test team’s senior manager. I like the way she handles her team.
3. What did you read that you think bettered you? Leadership Fundamentals
4. What are songs that you will always hear and think of this year even when you’re listening on some contraption that hasn’t even been invented yet? None that I can think of
5. What were some times that you laughed so hard you could hardly breathe?Goofing around with husband and him tickling me
6. What were your favorite movies? Not what was good, not what you had to see because of your friends or the media. What were your favorites?
7. What are some fears that you had at the beginning of the year that you overcame?Being the Offshore coordinator for the team
8. What were quotes that you loved this year? Fake it til you make it. LOL.
9. What are ways that you exercised self care? Exercised. Stood up for myself
10. What are things you want to see more of next year? Me driving
11. What are five things you did that you never thought you’d actually do? Drive, Speak in front of a large group in ADC,
12. What were your favorite things this year? Vacation in the Philippines
13. What are the most important things you learned this year? Smart work is better than hard work
14. What is your favorite photo from this year? Oh, there’s a lot. Pictures from the wedding in the Philippines, especially those with my family.
15. What are five things you want to say to people you love? I love you. Thank you. I’m sorry. I forgive you. I miss you.
16. What are some places where you feel true joy in your life? Mangagoy, Davao, home in Austin
17. Where do you feel most yourself? when I’m alone
18. What were your favorite meals? Ribs cooked by my husband, Salads prepared by my husband
19. How did you calm yourself in times of stress? I get my quiet, alone time
20. What are some compliments that you received that deeply affected you? Those from the leads of Test team
21. Who are people that you believe are bringing out the best in you? Derek, Karen,
22. What items of clothing did you buy that felt the most you? My simple and comfortable black boots
23. What are you excited about leaving behind in 2015? All the failures, mistakes, and frustrations
24. What are five things that you were hard on yourself about but would never have been hard on a friend if they were experiencing it? Making mistakes in driving, misses in code reviews, failures at work
25. What are the best pieces of advice you heard this year? Don’t rush work even if there’s a lot of pressure around. It’s better to do it slowly but surely.
26. What are the best pieces of advice you gave this year? If you want something, do something.
27. What things have you been putting off doing because you didn’t have time? Really learning how to drive, learning to cook, and exercising regularly.
28. What are some things you’d like to focus and work on in the next year? Greencard processing, P3 Go Live, getting a driver’s license, paying off condo, getting a house
29. What are the best parts of you that you feel really showed through this year? Unfortunately, I don’t think there’s any… but maybe being able to take on responsibilities.
30. What are your biggest hopes for 2016? Successful P3 Go Live, being independent and can go anywhere, anytime I want, continue to have a loving, happy relationship with my husband, more time to talk and bond with my family, a better version of me – assertive, good communicator, strong and effective leader, create more lasting memories with my loved ones.